Yield: about 5 cups
- 1L yogurt
- 4 mini cucumbers, peeled, quartered, seeds removed
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix yogurt with finely chopped garlic. Set aside.
- Place chopped cucumbers in a strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle 1 ½ tsp salt on top and toss. Weigh down the cucumbers a plate to press out any excess liquid. Allow to drain for 1 hour.
- Mix drained cucumbers with yogurt-garlic mixture. Add herbs, salt and pepper.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Nutrition Tip: Yogurt is a great source of calcium and healthy bacteria. This traditional Greek sauce can be used as a dip, dressing, or spread.