Yield: 5 cups
- 2 heads garlic, separated into cloves, skin intact
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezes lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 generous cups tahini
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ cups ice water
- Drop garlic cloves into blender or food processor. Add lemon juice and blend until you have a thick paste.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place a strainer over a bowl. Pour lemon-garlic mixture into strainer. Using a rubber spatula, press as much liquid as possible into the bowl.
- Reserve the solids in the strainer for the garden.
- Pour the liquid into the food processor or blender and add tahini.
- Blend until creamy. Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture is creamy and flows off a spoon.
- Add salt to taste.
Nutrition Tip: Tahini is a thick spread made from sesame seeds. It is high in phosphorous, iron, and protein. This sauce is a great way to flavour dishes like salads, meats, or veggies, in a healthy way.