Strawberry Yogurt Snack Cake
Yield: 1 large aluminum pan
- 2 cup (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp (2g) Kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup (110g) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) + 2 tbsp (25g) sugar
- 2 tsp (5g) alcohol free vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (27g) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ lbs strawberries, trimmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease two half sized aluminum pans and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt and milk together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the electric mixer, place the butter, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla if using. Fit the mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the butter for about 5 minutes on medium speed until white and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the oil and beat on low speed to incorporate completely.
- Add the eggs one at a time on low speed, scraping the sides and bottom in between additions.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and turn the mixer on to low speed. Beat until just incorporated. While the mixer is still running on low, add 1/3 of the milk mixture.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk mixture in two more additions. Beat only until the flour is incorporated. Do not overbeat.
- Divide the batter between the two pans. Dot the top with the halved berries cut side down.
- Sprinkle lightly with remaining 2tbsp sugar.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out lean and the top is puffed and solid.
Nutrition Tip: Summertime is peak season for strawberries, meaning they are the most nutritious and delicious at this time. During this season, they are also least expensive. This cake is a great way to use up some strawberries!