Rosemary- Parmesan Popcorn
Yield: About 10 cups of popcorn
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup high quality popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat canola oil in a 3 quart thick bottomed saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add popcorn kernels in an even layer on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Cover pot, remove from heat and count 30 seconds.
- Return the pan to the heat. Kernels should begin popping. Once you can hear the popcorn popping, shake the pan over the burner to prevent sticking and burning. Try to keep the lid slightly ajar to let the team from the popcorn release.
- Once you hear the popping slow down, remove the pot from the heat, remove the lid and move the popcorn to a wide bowl.
- Toss with olive oil rosemary, parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper and gently stir until the popcorn is well coated.
Nutrition Tip: Popcorn is a high fibre, whole grain snack. Popping corn kernels are great to keep in the pantry. They keep for a long time and are inexpensive, Making your own popcorn means you control what goes into your snack. It has less added fat and salt than microwave popcorn.
For Little Chefs: Kids can help grate the cheese and toss everything together!