Quinoa Salad with Squash and Seeds
Yield: 23 cups salad
- 5 ¼ cups dry quinoa
- 1kg squash, roasted
- 2 cups (300g) sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cups (140g) sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cups (270g) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 cups (300g) dried fruit of choice
- 1 sweet bell pepper (250g), diced
- ½ cup(60g) diced red onion
- fresh cilantro
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toss all ingredients together with a homemade vinaigrette of your choice.
Nutrition Tip: Quinoa is actually seed, but it is very much like a whole grain. It is high in fibre, phosphorous, magnesium, and manganese. Adding the different seeds adds crunch, flavour, healthy fats and protein. Fresh herbs, red peppers, squash, and dried fruits give colour and vitamin C.