Yield: 2 pizza crusts, about 14 inches each
- 1 cup + 1tbsp + 1 tsp (153g) whole wheat flour
- 2 cup + 1 tbsp +2 tsp (153g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (8g) fine sea salt
- ¾ tsp (2g) dry acive yeast
- 1 tsp (4g) extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup + 1tbsp (200g) water
- Mix water with yeast and let stand for about 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Add salt and olive oil to mixture and stir to combine.
- Add both flours and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover bowl with saran wrap. Let stand in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about an hour.
- Punch dough to release extra air and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 1 or 2 times then stretch out into your desired shape.
- Now you’re ready to make your pizza!
Nutrition Tip: Making pizza dough from scratch is a great way to be in control of everything you eat at home. Homemade doughs have less additives than the ones you buy in the store. This dough has some whole wheat flour too, adding fibre, magnesium, and B vitamins.