Mixed Vegetables Fajitas
Yield: 8 fajitas
- 4 sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium red or white onion, sliced
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 corn or whole wheat tortillas
- Toppings (optional): cilantro, sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- Heat your oven to 350F (180C). Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil, and warm them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Toss in the peppers, onions, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir to keep from burning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies are just being to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes until everything is just cooked.
- Raise the heat to high for the last minute and toss vegetables.
- Bring filling to the table in a bowl with toppings and tortillas on the side allowing individuals to create their own fajitas.
Nutrition Tip: This recipe is packed with veggies, helping you eat your rainbow! Can you name the colours of the food rainbow represented here? Red peppers are high in vitamin C. This recipe also includes all 4 food groups, can you name them and give an example from the dish?