Chicken Teriyaki Wraps
Yield: about 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup chopped pinapple
- 4 whole wheat pitas or tortillas
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ cup (125g) alcohol free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30g) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (12g) sesame oil
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (12g) honey
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Wrap a plastic cutting board with plastic wrap. Place chicken pieces on plastic wrap, then cover with another layer of plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pan, or rolling pin, pound chicken pieces thin.
- Lightly coat the chicken with oil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook chicken using your method of choice: Grill, saute or roast.
- While chicken cooks, make Teriyaki sauce. Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Spread Teriyaki sauce on tortillas and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Lay out shredded lettuce, pineapple, red onion on the bottom half of each tortilla
- Top with chicken slices. Drizzle with more sauce. Roll tortillas into wraps.
Nutrition Tip: These wraps are a great source of protein and whole grains. Pairing them with a salad or some cooked or raw veggies will make a complete and colourful meal!