Yield: 4-6 servings
- 16 ounces cauliflower, minced
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Boil the cauliflower in for about 5 minutes. Immediately place cauliflower in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and finely chop the cooked cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower, egg, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, and salt. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F/200°C. Flip and then bake for an additional 10 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
Nutrition Tip: Cauliflower tots are higher in fibre than regular tots made from potatoes. Cauliflower is high in vitamin C which helps keep our immune system working strong to protect us from getting sick.