Yield: 6 servings
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 white or red onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth but still chunky.
- Add the cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice and onion and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tacos, quesadillas, veggies, or chips
Nutrition Tip: Did you know avocados are actually a fruit? You can chop them and add them to tacos and salads, or you can mash them to make dips like this! Avocados are high in fibre, vitamin E, and a type of healthy fat called ‘unsaturated fat.’ This type of fat is good for your heart.
For Little Chefs: Have kids mash up avocados and mix in the remaining (prechopped) ingredients.