Granola fruit Pizza
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds shelled
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup nut or seed butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- Toppings: blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, wow butter, and honey until combined.
- Press the granola mixture into a 9-inch pizza pan or springform pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Let cool completely before adding toppings. If you're in a hurry, freezing for 15 minutes will do the trick.
- Remove granola ‘crust’ from the pan, top with yogurt and your favorite fruits. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Tip: This special pizza is high in protein from the seeds, nut butter, and Greek yogurt, all helping kids grow strong muscles. Greek yogurt is also high in calcium, which is important for strong bones.
For Little Chefs: Bring crusts to the class along with the yogurt and potential toppings. Have kids make their own. Can they name which food groups are represented in this snack? (A: milk and alternatives, grains, fruit and vegetables, meat and alternatives)