Fruit and Veggie Sheet Pan Pancakes
Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cover a 10x15 inch sheet pan in foil.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a microwave safe dish and brush half of it over the foil, coating evenly.
- In a medium bowl, pour the remaining 2tbsp melted butter, grated zucchini and carrot, milk, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and mix until just until combined.
- Pour the pancake batter into the prepared sheet pan and even the batter out with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Spread berries evenly over batter and bake for 13-14 minutes, until slightly risen and cooked through.
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 bananas, smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup mixed, sliced berries
Nutrition Tip: These muffins are a great way to eat the rainbow! The fruits, veggies, and whole wheat flour help boost the fibre content, keeping kids feeling full and helping their digestive systems move food through. Using applesauce and mashed banana keeps them moist while using a natural sugar.
For Little Chefs: Bring all ingredients to the classroom in separate bowls. Go through each ingredient, asking the class if they can list all the colours of the food rainbow represented in this recipe. Have the kids grate the veggies and mash the banana before mixing everything together. Take the batter to the kitchen to bake, then return to the classroom with the finished pancakes in time for snack!