The summerlunch+ spotlight on: SWISS CHARD!
In the garden:
- Swiss chard is a vegetable that grows from the ground.
- You can eat the whole plant (leaves and stems).
On your plate:
- Swiss chard is a source of Calcium, which builds strong bones.
- Swiss chard is also high in Potassium, which helps keep your blood pressure and heart healthy.
- Swiss chard can be used in the same way as spinach: stir fry in olive oil and garlic, or toss in a salad.
Some Swiss chard plants will have stems of different colours! They could be red, yellow, pink, white, or a mix!