The summerlunch+ spotlight on: BASIL!
In the garden:
- Basil is an herb that grows well in lots of sun.
- When you pick off some basil leaves and the flower buds from
- the plant, more basil leaves will grow. More to enjoy!
- With all herbs, gently rub the leaves and smell the flavour.
On your plate:
- Basil is used in pesto and tomato sauces, or as part of a
- seasoning on meats or vegetables.
- An Italian saying goes: “Where salt is good, so is basil.”
What kind of basil do you like? summerlunch+ grows African Blue,Lemon, Lettuce Leaf, Perpetual Pesto, Thai, and Wild Magic Basils!
Tomatoes and basil make great neighbours in the garden, and they are also delicious together in pasta sauce.