The summerlunch+ spotlight on: APPLES!
In the garden:
- Apples are a fruit that grows on trees.
- Apples can be red, yellow, and green colours.
On your plate:
- Apples have vitamin A, which is good for your eyes.
- Apples have vitamin C, which helps you not to get sick!
- Wash and eat apples with the skin on for added fibre and CRUNCH. Fibre helps you to feel full and have longer-lasting energy.
- Try eating apples with a no-nut butter or cheese for a healthy snack.
“One bad apple spoils the bunch”:
If you see an apple turning brown, mushy, or with black spots, throw it in the green bin right away! Otherwise, it may cause other nearby fruit to go bad faster.